Monday, April 14, 2008

1984: Afterward

I don't think we have to worry about living in a broken down, thought controlled city like Oceania. But the predictions of Orwell should not go by unnoticed. His beliefs on continuous arms creation and Stalinism punctuate the historical accuracy that explains the last 50 years in War. I think Orwell was slightly accurate in his predictions of global takeover and thought crimes, but with the Freedom of the peoples I don't think we have to worry about one taking over all. We have a government at the moment that seems like it will protect our rights, the possibility of Orwell's extreme is slim to none in our generation, but the probability of that happening in the future should not be overlooked...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I find that the more I begin to look around, I see so much good that people do that goes unnoticed. So many wonderful things. See the link below for more info.

#unnoticed
www.ufgop.org